We treat your body, not just your symptoms.
Why Choose Robert Rowen, MD and Terri Su, MD Clinic?
Many patients who come to Robert Rowen, MD and Terri Su, MD Clinic have already tried conventional medical treatments that rely on pharmaceuticals to suppress their symptoms.
The Robert Rowen, MD and Terri Su, MD Way strives to remove underlying causes of poor health. The most common are: energy-blocking “interference fields”, toxins in the body, compromised metabolism, stress, unbalanced emotions, and inflammatory foods. Robert Rowen, MD and Terri Su, MD clinic doctors create a personalized return-to-health treatment plan that addresses both symptoms and underlying factors. The clinic’s approach is especially important for those who are experiencing significant health issues: chronic pain, chronic fatigue, arthritis, diabetes, Lyme disease, autoimmune diseases and other chronic conditions.
The Robert Rowen, MD and Terri Su, MD approach requires a more extensive pre-diagnosis/treatment History than most patients have ever experienced. Many patients are surprised by the in-depth look at their medical history – and wonder why previous providers have never done so.
In treating a patient, Robert Rowen, MD and Terri Su, MD Clinic seldom uses pharmaceutical medications. Instead, the doctors and clinical staff use their extensive experience in highly-effective and innovative non- pharmaceutical therapies.
Robert Rowen, MD and Terri Su, MD Clinic Treatments
Oxidation therapies refer to a variety of treatments which rely on reactive oxygen molecules which latch on to electrons. Taking electrons from a molecule is called “oxidation”. There are several modalities which can accomplish this. The key therapies are: ozone therapy, ultraviolet blood irradiation therapy, intravenous high dose vitamin C, intravenous hydrogen peroxide, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which is considered more of an “oxygenation” therapy than an “oxidation” therapy.
- The most versatile of these methods is ozone therapy. Ozone is a molecule composed of 3 atoms of oxygen (O3). It can significantly improve biochemical pathways and metabolism in the body. Its effects include better blood flow, oxygen delivery from red blood cells to tissues, improved red blood cell function, modulation of the immune system (balancing), anti-infection, and stimulation of anti-oxidant defenses and anti-aging pathways. Our immune cells naturally produce ozone in our bodies. Ozone is known to break up bacterial cells, disrupt virus reproduction, and destroy toxins. Ozone increases oxygenation and improves blood flow throughout the entire body. By increasing the body’s production of superoxide dismutase (SOD), ozone may be a premier anti-aging modality, as SOD is known to increase telomerase activity. Telomerase is an enzyme which makes aging-DNA “younger”. For a discussion on ozone’s versatility in infectious diseases, please see our very popular published review article. Also see our article detailing a 100% recovery with Ebola in the 2014 West Africa epidemic with ozone therapy.
The strongest method is usually to give ozone blood treatments. The most effective treatment we’ve found for pain is injecting ozone into joints/painful areas. See Prolozone description. We also teach our patients how to give ozone treatments at home via rectal/vaginal/ear/nasal/topical routes, drinking ozonated water and applying ozonated oil. See our blog on Home Ozone Generators on this website under News/Articles.
- Our main method of ozone administration is hyperbaric ozone (HBO3) and the “new” Ozone High dose Therapy (OHT technique). We think HBO3 is a superior way to do Major AutoHemotherapy (MAH) since more ozone/oxygen is dissolved into the blood with the higher pressure method. We vacuum up 200 cc of blood into a glass bottle, pump 200 cc of ozone into the bottle under pressure, then return the ozonated blood back to the patient (this constitutes “one pass”). This is repeated for a total of 10 “passes” in one sitting for Dr. Lahodny of Austria’s Ozone High dose Therapy (OHT). We nicknamed this procedure “10 pass”, and have taught the procedure to hundreds of physicians worldwide. It seems to provide clinical benefits much faster than the lower doses of ozone. All of our HBO3 treatments are done with inert glass bottles in contrast to plastic bags.
- Ozone “Dialysis”/EBOO (Extracorporeal Blood Oxygenation and Ozonation): Blood is taken from one arm, passes by a dialysis membrane while exposed to ozone at the same time, and returned to the other arm. This is another innovative method of ozone delivery. We recently published a paper on its ability to deliver up to 3 times as much ozone to the patient in one sitting as the “high dose” 10 pass. (Article on ozone dialysis)
- Ultraviolet blood irradiation (UBI), pioneered some 70 years ago in the USA, is a treatment wherein about 200 ml of blood is removed and exposed to ultraviolet light frequencies. This treatment was found in the 1940s (prior to the antibiotic era) to cure many bacterial and viral infections, including lethal infection. Its mechanism is very similar to ozone. We have a still-functional original Knott ultraviolet machine, the granddaddy that was used in hospitals in the 1940s and “gold standard” by which all later machines are measured against. Our mainstay, however is the Hemealumen device which is able to provide additional visible light frequencies, as well as UV, to treated blood.
- Weber IV low level lasers which can directly instill various frequencies of light directly intravascularly and into joints.
- Intravenous hydrogen peroxide involves infusion of dilute hydrogen peroxide. Ozone is believed to work through hydrogen peroxide intermediaries. We prefer ozone therapy, as IV hydrogen peroxide can be hard on veins, whereas the methods of ozone we generally use do not irritate veins.
- Intravenous high dose sodium ascorbate (commonly known as vitamin C). High doses of ascorbate have been recently found to create hydrogen peroxide in body tissues. The ascorbate is actually a “prodrug” for hydrogen peroxide. There is much excitement and interest in the medical literature for this therapy in cancer management. It will have similar effects to the other oxidation therapies in immune modulation and infection treatment. However, like intravenous hydrogen peroxide, it can be hard on veins with repeated use, so our first choice in infection and immune challenges is ozone therapy.
- HyperBaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). This modality is performed by a “dive” in a pressurized chamber while breathing oxygen. HBOT is well known to enhance all kinds of healing, especially wounds and circulatory compromise. It is more of an oxygenation therapy than “oxidation”, but it is reported to have oxidative effects (see section on ozone above). Oxygenation refers to delivery of oxygen itself. Oxygen is the most critical and urgent need for all animal life. HBOT can provide oxygen to circulation-starved cells and salvage threatened tissues. We have access to a chamber that can provide both superficial and deep “dives”.
RowenSu Clinic is a pioneer in the use of Ozone “Dialysis”/EBOO, which they refer to as the ‘gold standard’ of ozone therapy. We were also the first in the USA to do “10 pass”. We have been teachers of all aspects of ozone therapy to many hundreds of health professionals spanning more than 2 decades.
Prolozone Therapy is probably the most effective treatment we’ve found for painful areas or joints. A local anesthetic may be injected first, and then the ozone. The oxygen in the ozone creates the energy needed for cells to regenerate and repair and improves circulation. Ozone has been found to significantly attenuate inflammation and toxic molecules associated with arthritis and tissue damage. Pain relief often can be immediate and often is long-lasting, even when the local anesthetic wears off.
Dr. Rowen is a recognized leader in the use of Prolozone Therapy, and teaches this procedure to doctors worldwide
Videos: visit Dr. Rowen’s YouTube channel and search the pain or joint that matches your interest: https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertRowenMD.
- Neural therapy is a discipline of healing that involves the injection of local anesthetics into “disturbances” in the body. These disturbances create “interference fields” that upset the autonomic nervous system’s ability to regulate the body, and can lead to circulatory abnormalities and pain, even at distant sites in the body. For example, a problem in a tooth can cause degeneration and pain as far away as your knee or foot. It can also incite an “autoimmune” condition. An analogy is that injured nerves “weep” and create a current of pain or injury. The local anesthetic seals the weeping site and can instantly relieve the disturbance, even years afterward.
- Causes of disturbances: Trauma, surgery, surgical scars, root canals, dental cavitations (subclinical/occult bone infection), tonsil disturbances. These interference fields might not cause any local symptoms, and you may be unaware that there is a local problem. You may not connect a local disturbance as the cause of a symptom in a different part of your body or systemic condition.
- Conditions that might be related to interference fields causing imbalance in your autonomic nervous system include: reflex sympathetic dystrophy, bronchospasm, digestion issues, chronic pain, migraines, sciatica, palpitations, sexual and urinary dysfunction, and more. Interference field problems can persist indefinitely, until treated.
- Detecting an interference field: We use applied kinesiology – muscle strength testing. We find that drawing your body’s attention to a disturbance causes a weakening in an indicator muscle. Simply touching a target scar, or a problem tooth may weaken the muscle suggesting the presence of the interference field.
- Treatment: A good choice for a local anesthetic is preservative-free procaine, as it is a molecular combination of two natural substances. Injecting procaine into the interference field can instantly relieve distant pain and medical problems, which generally is confirmatory to the cause of the problem. In the case of an occult dental infection, relief is generally temporary, and definitive dental care will be needed. However, the source of your problem has been found, which certainly is not a deficiency of pain drugs.
- Duration of relief: Relief sometimes is permanent. Not infrequently, repeated treatments are necessary until the condition is resolved. There is usually very little discomfort from the neural therapy procedure. A dental interference field will require biological dental work.
- Safety of Neural Therapy: The treatment is remarkably safe. While anyone can be allergic to anything, procaine can cause dizziness even at normal doses. Any needle injection, even in a hospital, can cause lightheadedness and fainting, called a vagal reaction.
- Doctor Rowen is highly skilled in using kinesiology to detect interference fields, and in diagnosing their impact on local, distant and systemic body health.
- A number of RowenSu Clinic patients have benefited from neural therapy – see their testimonials on the Clinic’s
- YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwo2Q2bNqTrlqNhaLG639lkuZPe8oiN2D
To learn more about Neural Therapy, consult: http://www.aaomed.org/Neural-therapy
Dosch, P. “Manual of Neural Therapy According to Huneke”, 11th Edition. Haug Publishers, Germany, 1984.
(See Neural Therapy description above)
- Biocean IV Therapy is a fast and efficient treatment to deliver nutrients to the body. It gets its name from its source: seawater. Everyone knows that the ocean is salty, but seawater sourced from a specific depth and in the middle of a plankton bloom is an unusually rich source for bio-active minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, nucleic acids and polysaccharides. This seawater, called Quinton water, is processed by a cold sterilization method developed by Dr. Quinton and can be administered orally or intravenously. The high quality brand we use is Biocean.
- Nutrients given intravenously can make their health-giving properties immediately available to a patient’s metabolism. Biocean IV therapy may provide the raw materials needed to boost energy and metabolism, and heal from diseases and inflamed, painful areas. Biocean IV therapy may balance a patient’s immune system, which can lessen the severity and duration of infections. This therapy may be useful to support cancer patients with their challenges.
- RowenSu Clinic uses Biocean IV therapy to address mineral deficiencies and to counteract acidity that short-circuits enzyme functions. If a patient’s “biological terrain” is weak, he or she may be subject to degenerative diseases. The Clinic may supplement this Biocean IV with additional vitamins and minerals based on the patient’s specific needs.
- Chelation Therapy (CT) uses special drugs that bind to metals in your body. The metals can include lead, mercury, cadmium and arsenic. The chelating drugs are given intravenously, or as an oral pill, or rectal suppository. Once the drug attaches to metals in your body, you dispose of them in your urine, which can be tested in a chelated “challenge” test.
- One such drug, Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) is a very safe molecule that chelates or “grabs” metal ions. Fortuitously, it prefers to grab heavier and more toxic metals like lead and cadmium over needed minerals like magnesium and calcium. Hence, it selectively removes these toxins from your body and is well accepted, even in conventional medicine, for this role.
- Chelation physicians have for years observed improvements from chelation therapy in patients with atherosclerosis, high blood pressure and other vascular diseases. Extremely low levels of lead and other toxic metals, levels considered “safe” two generations ago, impair the inner lining of arteries. Lead damages crucial enzymes in these endothelial cells and inhibits a key enzyme that makes the vasodilator nitric oxide (NO). Thus heavy metals can lead to high blood pressure and decreased blood flow.
- Properly administered by a trained professional, Intravenous CT is safe. The dose of EDTA has to be adjusted for kidney function. Even for those with renal impairment, careful administration of CT can help their kidneys perform better by removing toxic metals from the organ.
- While removing heavy metals from a patient’s body is an important step toward better heart and general health, optimal results come from combining chelation therapy with healthy lifestyle changes (improved diet, exercise, smoking cessation, etc), supplements and therapies like ozone treatments.
- Drs. Rowen and Su have a combined 50 years of experience with CT. During these years only a few patients have needed to go on to surgical intervention for cardiovascular challenges.
- Further reading: Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy (TACT) was a nationwide assessment of chelation benefits done by chelating doctors. Among them was lead author Gervasio Lamas, MD, who reported significant improvements with patients suffering from diabetic vascular disease: Here is a news story recap: https://www.statnews.com/2016/12/27/chelation-therapy-gervasio-lamas/
The Hocatt sauna combines several simultaneous modes of treatments for efficient synergistic results. These include:
- Carbon dioxide gas which creates carbonic acid on contact with your skin. Carbonic acid can help balance your autonomic nervous system (parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems), and is a vasodilator that can decrease high blood pressure and improve circulation.
- Microcurrent electrical frequencies.
- Light/photonic therapy.
- PEMF (pulsating electromagnetic fields), which act like “cellular exercise”
- Far infra-red therapy
We believe this device to be a quantum leap in ozone sauna therapy, and our patients love it.
Firefly device for Photobiomodulation. https://drrowen.substack.com/p/light-therapys-many-uses
Scenar “Star-Trek” type artificial intelligence healing device, one of the few medical instruments on the International Space Station. https://substack.com/inbox/post/119630421
Lasers and LED (Light Emitting Diode) Therapy with amber, red, and infra-red frequencies may jump-start circulation and cellular repair, and decrease pain.
Micro-Vibrational Therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses a combination of vibration, magnetism, light, sound and color therapies that has been found useful to relieve pain and may help heal a symptomatic area. The treatment is based on a hand-held device developed by Robert Milne, MD
Pulsating ElectroMagnetic Fields (PEMF) therapy may stimulate “cellular massage” and may aid cellular uptake of oxygen and nutrients, and may aid in removal of cellular toxins/debris.
Far infrared Lamps and Sauna
Boost your body’s ability to self-heal, regain your health and prevent disease.
We recommend not eating home/restaurant/deli food that was cooked with poly-unsaturated vegetable oil (canola, corn, soy, safflower, rice, sesame oil etc), or mono-unsaturated (olive) oil since unsaturated liquid oils are more sensitive to heat and light, and get oxidized (rusted), no matter the smoke point. You can add organic extra virgin olive oil onto your food AFTER it is cooked, but don’t cook with it.
Don’t scramble eggs, since more of the nutrients will get more oxidized and destroyed from the extra exposure to air/heat/light versus poaching/soft boiling them. Use organic butter/ghee/coconut oil/palm oil to cook with since saturated fats are more relatively stable to heat and light. Avoid margarine, hydrogenated fats or trans fats. Don’t eat roasted nuts/seeds. Eat them raw, preferably soaked 8-12 hours and then rinsed, since the sprouting process causes easier digestibility and increased nutrients levels. Almonds may have less lectins if the skin is removed, which is easier after soaking overnight. Don’t grill/barbecue food since the high temperatures may cause carcinogens.
Don’t eat farmed fish/seafood. Wild caught seafood or organic pasture raised-finished/grass fed meat/poultry/eggs are cleaner than farmed seafood or only cage-free poultry. Best to keep animal protein at 3 oz or less for 3-4x/week or less.
Eat mostly raw vegetables/low glycemic fruits (berries) as tolerated. Aim for 6-9 cups of greens daily, as tolerated. Eat food that is not or minimally refined and/or processed. Eat dinner before 6-7 pm. Try to not eat for 14-16 hours after dinner (Time-restricted eating for longevity/rejuvenation/weight loss).
- “The Plant Paradox” by Steven R. Gundry, MD (preview:https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Plant_Paradox.html?id=PwyxDAAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false)
- “Conscious Eating” by Gabriel Cousens, MD (preview:https://www.holisticpeople.com/book-conscious-eating.html)
- PEO Solution (Parent Essential Oil Solution) co-authored by Dr. Rowen. It explains why marine oils can be harmful when used in “supplements” rather than naturally consumed in food. It has valuable information for users of marine oils. Rowen also explains the “French Paradox” in the book. (Why the French, who eat a very high fat diet, have less heart disease than Americans). https://www.amazon.com/PEO-Solution-Conquering-Diabetes-Essential/dp/0988278030
These videos explain how lectins can cause many challenges like: Fatigue, brain fog, chronic pain, arthritis, gut issues, autoimmune disorders, headaches, neurologic degeneration, anxiety, depression, cravings for sugar, alcohol, etc.
- Homeopathic medications
- Plants and botanicals have been the basis for medical treatments through much of human history and have a long and proven history in Chinese medicine. Herbs and nutritional supplements can relieve the symptoms of illness and injury and can boost one’s metabolism and energy. Herbal supplements can be dried, powdered, or liquified and can be ingested as pills, tinctures, teas or used as lotions and gels. Because quality and dosages can vary by manufacturer, patients are advised to consult a knowledgeable herbalist or doctor.
Drs. Rowen and Su are highly educated in nutrition and make it a primary part of a patient’s get-well and health maintenance program.
Detoxification is one of the three pillars of obtaining and retaining health. We combine a number of proven modalities for our patients, among them:
- Sauna for toxic chemicals and metals.
- Chelation therapy for toxic metals.
- IV or other ozone therapy for general detoxification.
- Physical Health and Balanced Emotions may be aided by nebulizing pure essential oils in a diffuser to directly affect the limbic system in the brain. Essential oils may also aid health by rubbing onto the skin or ingesting them.
- Essential oils vary significantly in quality. Those that are purer and have few fillers or other elements and those derived from plants grown in ideal conditions have greater health benefits. The finest essential oils are sourced by skilled and experienced artisans who cultivate and process their plants for optimal purity and potency.
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.